Update to the MiC Software developed by TCR
Developed in-house by expert metallurgists and material science engineers at TCR Engineering and TCR Advanced Engineering the Microstructure Characterizer (MiC) 3.0 is a powerful image analysis software for Metallurgical use. Digital images taken from a Microscope are analyzed by Microstructure Characterizer, a software for microstructure interpretation. Using this software, a Material Science engineer can characterize different types of micro structural images for grain size, coating thickness and phases; get images from one or more files; and intensify the image using the filtering and enhancement features.
The demo version of MiC is now placed to following link. Requires Windows XP / 7 operating system.
Microstructure Characterizer Software version 3.0 offers following modules:
* Grain Size Measurement and Distribution Plots (Automatic and Manual modes)
* Volume Fraction (Automatic and Manual modes)
* Inclusion Rating (Automatic and Manual modes)
* Graphite Morphology (Automatic and Manual modes)
* Nodularity Assessment
* Bulk or micro Hardness Measurement and generating profile
* Particle Size Measurement and generating histogram of size distribution
* Linear and Angular Dimensioning
* Percent of "Delta Ferrite" phase present in the microstructure for colour metallography.
Microstructure Characterizer Software (MiC) characterizes microstructural features using standard methods of material characterization such as astm grain size measurements, coating thickness, linear and angular measurements, comparison of super imposed grain size reticules, inclusion rating as per is and astm standards, nodularity measurements, powder particle size distribution and so on.